Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When Is Age More than A Number?

Everyone heard the phrase "Age ain't nothing but a number?" But when does it become a factor? 10, 15, 20, 30 years in an age difference? When is the cut off point?

This question is probably relative, 10 years is not a big deal if the ages are 40 and 50. But if the ages are 10 and 20, yeah, that is a big deal... lol and kinda sick too!

So, what are the cut off limits? Is it that simple? Is it a sliding scale or just what feels right? If I am 28 and dating an 18 year old, we are at different points in our life, what do we have in common right? She just graduated high school and I am well into my career, with a house and she has never moved out on her own yet.

Some people mature quicker than others and there are a lot of other factors that come into play too, but what are they too you?

I know that 18 is legal, but I really don't see why I would talk to an 18 year old in a romantic way, I would be as a brother or just someone trying to help them along the way, not join them with my journey.

Is age a sole reason to NOT talk or date someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment