Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Too Thirsty

"I keep my (opinions) generic and these (people) take it personally" - Drake

I have heard first hand, second hand and sometimes third hand (just kidding, not sure what that would be... lol), women talk about the dating situation in Atlanta and how frustrating it can be. I have met a lady who said that she wants to be married so bad that she actually wears a ring on her ring finger! I am not sure that is going to attract a man, but you never know.

I understand that people get lonely, I am in the same boat, I would like that special someone to have in my corner. I guess it's all about how you go about finding and being with that person. The days of old are gone. There use to be a time when men approached a woman whom he had interest and ask her out. If the woman liked a man, she would give subtle hints and flirt to let the man know she was interested in him. If he never asked her out, then he wasn't interested.

I LOVE an aggressive female, I do, but there are limits and boundaries to everything. Some women can be pushy. If you let it be know that you are interested in a man and you want to spend time with him, then that is all you have to do. If he decides that he doesn't want to see you this week, its not because he is NOT interested. You don't have to keep reminding him that you want to see him, he already knows that, you told him 5 times already. He heard you twice the first time... lol.

It is a HUGE turnoff when a woman is begging for attention. I have read female's pages on BP and they talk about men getting an attitude because they don't respond to the note OR men giving them their phone number before they have even had a conversation on BP. I was like, "why are they upset? What's the big deal?" Let's just say, I know exactly what they are talking about.

Before you go there let me say this: I feel confident that I am a decent looking man, when my teeth and hair are brushed, I have lotion on, and my clothes are ironed, I don't look half bad... lol. I do not think that I am "all that" or God's Gift to women, or Mr. Right. I do not think I am Ugly either. So, I don't think that I am all that.

This is all a "game." I do not want to Play the dating game, but if you are dating, I guess you are playing.

I recently discovered that I really don't enjoy talking on the phone that much, I'd rather text you. Maybe I am not ready for this whole dating thing. There are too many expectations associated with dating. Expected to call, text, or see each other daily. Expected to go on a date weekly. If you don't call or text then its like "oh, you don't like me?" No, not at all, maybe I was in a bad mood and didn't want to talk to anyone today? Maybe I'm stressing out and just need some "alone" time? But the bottom line, there is an expectation that is set and when you don't live up to it, the other person feels like you are not interested or not serious.

Take your time, do not rush, get to know people for who they are, understand their lifestyle and determine if it is a good fit with yours. Don't just be "Thirsty" for any relationship or just to have a man because you are lonely. The result will be you being in a relationship that is not healthy. A man can quickly sense a thirsty woman. He will make up his mind right away on how he will deal with her and even good men will treat a thirsty woman less than respectable.

Men are suppose to chase women, its in our nature. So, what happens when that
nature is disrupted by a woman throwing herself in front of a man and chasing him?
I'm just saying, that's just how I feel....
So, ladies, what do you do to get a man's attention and let him know that you want him?

No comments:

Post a Comment