Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"I don't need No Man!"



“I don’t need No Man!” That is a familiar phrase that I hear from Black women. I don’t really hear black men saying that. Why? Because we know better.

The fact is, you may be independent, but everyone wants the company of another person. God knew this, so he made us a “help mate.” Someone that you can lean on for companionship, love, affection, help, advice, and just an ear to vent to. 

I know there are many strong women out there that technically “don’t need no man,” but I think deep down inside they really “want” a man. They want to have someone to come home to, to share memories with, to help raise a family, etc. Aren’t movies, dinner, plays, and bowling more enjoyable when you have someone to share the moment with? Talk about how funny the movie was, how delicious of a meal you ate, or how you won the game? Isn’t nice to have someone to hold you at night? When you have had a long day at work, someone at home to give you a strong hug and affectionate kiss. Or when you have had a long day at work, someone to say “Baby, relax, I will make dinner and take care of the kids while you chill out.”
I know you are a strong black woman, you don’t need no man, but you may want one.

Black men know, we do “need” a woman. We need a woman to keep us grounded, offer encouragement, tell us when we are wrong, and help us maintain the household. We do need someone to keep us responsible and accountable. Black women may say “I don’t need no man” and black man says, “I need me a woman.”

No comments:

Post a Comment