Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lovers now Friends


Lovers to friends?

Unfortunately, all the people you date or have a relationship with don’t work out. So, you meet someone, you connect well at first, you think everything will work out well. A few weeks or months go by and sex is entered into the relationship. So far, so good, but for what ever reason, the relationship ends. Now what?

Most of the time, there is a period of distancing and you do not talk to or see the person you were in a relationship with. Then later on, you re-connect. You both know that having a romantic relationship is out of the question, let’s face it, it didn’t work last time, but can you be friends?

It seems like for women, making the lover to friend transition is rater easy. From a male perspective, if sex is ever an option, they will take it. Spending more time together, talking on the phone, going to the movies, etc may cause some feelings to resurface. 

So, I ask the question, can lovers really become only friends (no sex or sexual attraction temptation). The reason for this question in my case is that I had a person who I had a romantic relationship with and I miss our friendship BUT I know that she wants a relationship which I do not want. So, if we tried to spend time together and just be friends the line of friendship may get blurred with memories of the good romance and sexual attraction. If I was to keep this friendship, it may cause uneasy sexual tension. I know that I am not the only one with this type of situation. Is it possible to be just friends after you were lovers? Trey songs says “There is no way that we can be friends!”

No comments:

Post a Comment